Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Displaying teaware

This Chinese wooden display stand is a good fit for my older wares. It helps recreate a more ancient and classic feeling in my modern apartment. It has become a nice background for my simpler Cha Xi.

My mind travels in time with the simple view of these teawares. By bringing them closer, I also have more opportunity to touch and use these items. They are not merely on display for aesthetic reasons ; their purpose is to come alive by being used.

And tea remains my focus. That's why there are mainly jars on the shelves. I continue testing their impact on the tea to determine which ones are the best suited to improve my teas. Currently, I am testing my fall 2009 Hung Shui Oolong from Feng Huang, near Dong Ding.

With tea's beauty, we travel through time and space...

4 comments:

Sir William of the Leaf said...

I do remember one of your older posts about testing which type of storage jar best suits different teas. How long will it take before the effects of the storage are imparted into the tea?

Nicolas said...

Je ne suis pas fan de ces meubles ronds chinois.

Ton meuble a déjà un certain vécu, une présence.

Ce n'est pas une simple décoration, c'est un objet qui sait allier l'utile à l'agréable.

lionel said...

Tes enfants n'y touchent pas ?...;-)

TeaMasters said...

Sir WOTL,
The effects of storage start amazingly quickly. The tea already smells very different as compared to the plastic tea bag.

Nicolas,
Oui, j'ai bien aimé cette présence dans ce meuble au bois un peu brut et à l'aspect ancien (bien qu'il ne s'agisse pas d'une antiquité).

Lionel,
Mes enfants ont 7 et bientôt 5 ans (le temps passe vite!). Ils ont appris à ne pas toucher à mes accessoires à thé. Cela arrive quand même encore parfois à ma fille, mais elle n'a jamais rien cassé. (Je touche du bois!) J'ai l'impression qu'ils ont bien compris qu'ils ont leurs jouets et moi les miens!